samedi, mai 13, 2006

expatriates

After such a time spent in Africa doing everything around what is called Coiled Tubing (dont ask, I wont explain, it's too long, I'll U pics, it's funnier), I thought it could B fun to leave a post in my blog, for the 2 or 3 of U that dare to read me. So now I'm getting into a routine of learning (everything is a routine U know, little or big one). One has to discover the world of te expatriate, like me. I'll B obviously limited by the exemple of the expatriate in Africa, either african of from another continent. In this scheme, the oldest behaviour are pointed out. The first one is the almost absence of monogamia (I'm the rare one of the kind). To give them a point (poor ones!!), congolese females have an approach style of the wallet... sorry of the little expat rather direct, kind of close to sexual harrasment that 60s female beattles fan would have been abble to give to John, Paul, Ringo and George outside Abbey road... only if I had a helicopter to pick up my brrrrred in zeee morrrning, life would B easier. We have a terrible life, exemple: I wanna get into a cab, wham!! I get a congolese female getting along with me, and if U're not carefull, she warms up the bed while U take Ur coffee (nights R cold in Congo, too much air conditional) and empty Ur wallet. Another one: U go out at night, and when Ur lucky not to B attacked by (female) mosquitoes, the one that give U malaria (the males just stupidely fly noisily around U without even thinking of bitting U... good lads), U're attacked by money hungry congolese (also females) over sexual issues. I think that most of them did resist for about 20 minutes B4 getting one of these hungry ladies. I also heard of scarry stories of these ebony women not satisfied by the salary at the end of the night (or when inexistant), they just call police to get U arrested, either in your house... fun... or at the base... even funnier.. and if U hide there, the girl star to scream about how badly U took her, and everything (real or not) U've done to her, until U finally appear, give a big tip to the girl to make her leave the place (usually she shares it with the cops). Some of these expatriates are rotationers (which is like most of the oilfields guys except for engineers at our company, which isn't a positive point for me), and these are really picturesques. The ones I know are french and if U try to picture the typical french represented by foreigners, well U're just right on it. Sometimes I have the feeling they're playing it so much it is true. One of these guy, ppl were saying "U'll see, this guy gets one girl every night", that was true. 50 years old, married 2 kids, before he arrived at location he called his previous rotation last g/f, and sometimes she arrives at the house (we share houses in here, big ones so it's ok) before him!!! And the girl says she's 19 (so probably even less not to scare him with under age sexual attempt). I didn't want to try to represent how wide his wife was for him to be that sexual hungry. The day after the girl was in fact different, and I saw that this guy was famous in this city, around the young females I meant... One night I got out with him, bored not knowing what to do and wanting to discover the city (I later realised he didn't no about the city, cos expats and local leave a different life really). That night out was a laugh, in a bitter way, so as to discover how to bring what can be the equivalent of a local suburb scouce pub in Africa... with the lads, the music, the mild warm beer and everything... "get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!" I suddenly thought. And now for the best one, we had a chatt about the beach front (rather nice in Pointe Noire, but that will B another post), and he told me that once he felt romantic, so he brought a girl at the beach that night and fucked her there (I use the term in purpose, though if I could find more pejorative, I'd use it), nice!!!!. Another one about how "educated" he was, one morning, after the girl left, he told me that (in between coffee and toast) the girl had a face where U could read "fuck me everywhere"... this is a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan's world... this is a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan's world!!!. I can't really remember it all about what he said, but eventually that is funny. So that's it about the expatriates and fidelity as an option.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Bom dia, essa foto ficou maneira. Te desejo toda sorte do mundo em seu novo trabalho e que profissionalmente vc cresCa cada vez mais. Um grande abraCo de sua amiga Lea. Saudades!

Anonyme a dit…

Hi Alex!
Funny to know you are somewhere at the "end" of the world:-). Hope yu are fine there, learn a lot and have fun most of the time!
I send greetings to you from the former Eastern part of Germany (near Dresden) where I fióund a job for two years in a little museum.

CU,

Steffi