jeudi, mai 24, 2012

An idea never dies, it transforms

Back then in 1998 when I first came back from the Amazonian rain forest I thought I'd be the Bill Gates... oh hell let's be crazy, the Steve Jobs of the non profit society in France launching my new scholarship development society focused in Brazil (association papagaio, you can email me here by the way)... 14 years after and a lot of huffs and puffs my idea of being Steve Jobs has long died, but the idea itself of scholarship development in developing areas is still alive and well. It has been dorming, paused, restarted, re-paused a couple of time and more importantly it matured.
When I came back from Manaus I had a couple of profissional courses that were administrated by that "school" in Manaus, and I wanted these course to be sponsored in France. With the idea of becoming a hub of fundings (I've always been a great dreamer!!) from France to Brasil. Not understanding a thing of finances, project management and all these "who needs that?!". Well, no need to tell you it did not really work the way I expected it and the things I wanted to buy to manage the NPS (for Non Profit Society) never really happened (I thought of a power Mac!!!! dude I was innocent!). I kind of paused it in 2001 when I went to UK to start my PhD and it sort of came back to life when I went to Bahia in 2004... but by the end of 2005 I had to think of some future for my society: I was starting to get a real job and I was going to Africa. Well you can think it was great, I could go and do some real work in real developing countries. Well again I had to rethink my plans because I was not going there on holidays and you know what happened to me there because you are reading this blog. I was not abducted nor abused (you kinky one!!), no I was simply left without time to do some voluntary work. I tried though, visiting a school which I still have a distant contact with. I gave books away, I even could organize a marathon with a school to get some money. But it was not really conclusive because I could not focus on sustainability and it appears to be the key of scholarship development. 2009 I arrive in Brasil again, get married, establish my life and now that it sounds like a settlement I find out that there is a school near by, a poor one that needs resources. Guess what: I'm going to start something here!! This time I'm bringing sustainability, I'm pushing people to come and teach, I want to prove that we can do something different. I will let you know in more details what will happen to that school, will start to take pictures of the kids, the teachers... 
Eventually that idea I got from some NGO in Manaus 14 years ago did not die though it could. The idea evolved, matured and now withstand the harsh of reality. I just stripped it off all the innocent preconceived ideas and left it with the practical and applicable part. Now when that will be working you will see some other things I have in mind and that can also work. Because on top of having survived, my idea infected some other people and it did replicate. My idea has it's own life and will evolve independently now, with or without my influence, consent or authority.

Aucun commentaire: