mardi, novembre 15, 2011

Banks, from 2008 till today

What can we say? At least not that the truth was being unfolded. I just navigated through some news. Starting with this one, then I navigate from there, interested in bank stress tests because I never really understood how it work (I still don't and I need to resolve this one day). I realized that HSBC and Santander were to be noticed within the weak banks when you tweaked the input conditions (like, bad conditions but still). As I am a client at these banks I decided to look for myself and see what they said about the stress test. So I googleled "HSBC bank stress test" and saw a couple of strange strings from 2009 (following the 2008 Lehman Brother's crash). One of which was disclaiming so wikileak-type information (Assange might have close to these guys back then). Then it showed a couple of links, some of which where banned (by blogger itself). Others showed very amazing information and counter information on how American banks where heavily investing over their risk-based capital (up to 10 time for Goldman Sachs). That information was asked to be silenced by US Federal Reserves to avoid problem within the share holders. All that during recession and we all know what happened and what still happens. Now when you see that new information coming straight from the latest G20 committee. UK banks will have to get their shit together or else... obviously not said like this but the tone seemed pretty clear. One positive point is, eventually government are thinking of intervening into these multinational banks because it seems that in 3 years we are not learning from our mistakes. Good thing to hear also is that, because it depends on the country (at least banks can be contained), Brazil having strong conditions make that banks are healthy and not in position of breaking (for whoever can read portuguese, try this website).

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Great! thanks for the share!