mardi, juin 20, 2006

Wizzardery

Hi people,
as you may understand, it is a straight translation from the french... nope, forget about it, I just cant B arsed (wh o on earth invented such a horrible expression anyway). I've given up on it, rather, I'm gonna say stuff in english, some other in french, I'll maybe do some spanish or portuguese depending on da moooooood!!!
So today is about sorcery and Africa, more precisely my little city of Pointe Noire. I discovered that in here, when U order a drink, they bring U the little table protection they put below the glass or the bottle. I just cannot workout the name, if anyone has it, please put it on comment, it's 10 credit award on your overall university credits for the graduation (hahaha!!!). Well, I was drinking and enjoying the coupé décalé music (very african music when U dance almost feet clamped on the floor and shakin' dat aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss!!!). I was even participating (holly capoeira enabling us to do sooooooo many thing after!!), and every time I was coming back to have a sip of N'gok (local beer), the glass was tapped, and the bottle recaped.... after this happening 3-4 times, I asked the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice barmaid why she kept on doing this. Know why?
.........
.........
........
........
Actually they believe spirit can come sent by a marabou, sorcerer, and enter either Ur glass or Ur bottle and when U drink they bewitch U... so the cap is actually to prevent the cast spirit or to suffocate it... they took it a bit too seriously when I told them I was a chemist, so like a sorcerer, and I knew counter casts for that... ppl were avoiding me sometimes... :-)

Aucun commentaire: