mardi, novembre 05, 2013

Trip down to memory lane

There's not much about energy here, more about where it all came from and how did I come to be who I am today professionally.  My old university shaped the way I started to work and I really got that macro vision of the world while studying there. I got to visit my old coordinators; well, I went to se their desks but due to a damn strike they decided to work from home! I hate strikes!!! (Put a link of swearing Don from how not to live your life). I am remembering all my buddies I used to go to places with around the uni. Number 5 was one of them,  I have lots of nice memories here. Liverpool really transformed itself into a neat city, though the dptnt of chemistry did not change much. Messy as ever apart from the hall that looks fresh. I feel the loneliness of the memory lane too, everybody is gone so I am left with nothing here. Still coming back makes me want to stay. UK is amazing to get to you with the completely controled way of life. People almost dont attend to where they walk, what they do. Some students are really dressed like crazy now (I saw a jananim addict, and a vampire fan going down the hall in white make up like it was normal). In 10 years time it's going to be even funnier. Come to think of it it was Halloween so that was most probably why, but party dress during the day is extreme (ish).
The only energy related point I could think of now is the fact that nowadays in the UK the moto is energy saving, when you look at daily life and urban organization. Also I took the bus and paid 2.10£ a ticket, I wonder how that would translate in brazilian lifestyle? What I mean by this is when you look at a minimum wage, price of the basic food basket in each country,  is it more expensive in UK than in Brazil? If Brazil manage to increase its efficiency in manufacturing,  will it come to UK's point eventually?
The picture was taken from "number 5", famous classy student bar  where I use to hang around with my buddies from all over.

Aucun commentaire: